Sunday, May 22, 2011

How do I chop onions?

I love chopping onions and unlike almost everyone I know onions don't make me cry. There are a lot of myths and wives tales on why onions make you cry, but I don't believe them. I think that it's in how you chop the onion and determines whether the onion "juices" get in the air and in your eyes.

Take 1 large onion, a good sharp knife and a cutting board.
Peel the onion, cut the ends and make 1 light cut down the side of the onion to remove the skin. Cut the onion in half and place with the cut side down. This keeps the onion "juices" down on the cutting board.

Cut the onion across.


Turn the onion and start chopping it across the cuts you've already made.

This cuts the onion evenly so you can impress your friends. Make salsa or add to all your favorite dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment