Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What am I doing?

Hi, I am a normal mom (if there is such a thing); I am married have two kids and have a full time job. I sometimes find it hard to balance everything, but I always manage to make dinner every night and pack lunches for the next day.
I have friends and co-workers who know that I enjoy cooking for my family and will ask me what I made for dinner the night before. I share what I cooked and will tell them "it's easy, I just threw this and that together and made dinner".  I have been asked to teach them how to cook and I some day plan to do that - when I have time. For now this blog, I hope will serve that purpose.
I know that there are several (hundreds) websites dedicated to cooking and tv shows with celebrity chefs; there are blogs about everyday cooking - but really, really are any of these for real people like you and me? I don't think so; most recipes require you to have a full blown pantry and hours and hours of time to prepare. I am not a chef or a cook; but based on friend's comments and feedback I am doing alright and can find my way around the kitchen.
I am not promising to blog daily, but I will try to at least do this when I have something new to post.
Claudia

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have this blog! I have so many recipes in my cookbook written on scraps of paper when you used to tell me about something you tried that turned out well. Now I can get more CR Recipes from 3 hours away...

    ReplyDelete